Montefiore Orthopedic Surgery is offering doctor video visits through our Montefiore FIRST app along with a limited number of office appointments.
Montefiore Orthopedic Surgery continues to remain open during the COVID-19 crisis. We are available for expert consultation in all fields of orthopedic surgery. To assist us in serving our patients’ needs, we are conducting telehealth appointments by phone or, through our Montefiore FIRST App, you can schedule a doctor video visit if appropriate.
Video: Learn the 3 easy steps to schedule a video visit with a doctor.
Montefiore Orthopedic Surgery has resumed a limited office schedule at both our Moses and Hutchinson campuses. Please note that only a limited number of appointments will be available each day in order to ensure social distancing. Unfortunately, we are not able to accommodate walk-in appointments. Our top priority is the safety and wellbeing of all of our patients.
Please note the following policies will be in effect for all patients coming to our offices:
Doctor video visits are available for any adult or child through the Montefiore FIRST app. Video visits are both convenient and easy to schedule.
- Start by calling the doctor’s office and you and your doctor will decide if a video visit is appropriate. If you need help finding a doctor, call 718-920-2060.
- If a video visit is appropriate, your appointment will be scheduled within minutes
- You’ll receive an email notification to confirm your visit
- Download the Montefiore FIRST app for IOS or Android
- You can join your video visit up to 10 minutes before your appointment, and your doctor will join you at the scheduled time. Your visit will conveniently take place on your smartphone or tablet from home or any place you may be. You can be assured that any information shared between you and your doctor will continue to be safe and secure.
During the video visit, your doctor will already have your chart in hand. Hearing about your symptoms, being able to ask you real-time questions and knowing your medical history will help your doctor during diagnosis. Also, because the Montefiore FIRST technology enables both high quality sound and visual capabilities, it’s much like an actual visit but with the convenience of being home.