What if we could repair an adolescent’s cartilage defect using their own cells?
What is the best type of anesthesia for elderly patients undergoing hip fracture surgery?
What if surgeons-in-training could learn, improve and refine technical surgical skills before even entering the operating room?
What is the best way to treat Legg-Calve-Perthes Disease of the hip?
What if surgeons could see tumors more clearly?
What if radiographs were only used when we needed them?
How should we approach shoulder injury treatments with today’s rise in obesity rates?
What if doctors could direct radiation treatment to target individual tumor cells?
What if we could prevent or delay the onset of hip arthritis in adolescents and young adults?
Vol 3: Montefiore Journal of Musculoskeletal Medicine & Surgery
Volume 3, Number 1, September 2019 — The Montefiore Journal of Musculoskeletal Medicine and Surgery is focused on the exploration of topics imperative to the diagnoses, treatment, and rehabilitation of musculoskeletal conditions. To that end, our peer-reviewed journal endeavors to publish current clinical and basic science articles, as well as review articles and case reports relevant to its field. As the official publication of the Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Montefiore Medical Center, and Albert Einstein College of Medicine, the journal is dedicated to both patient care and postgraduate medical education.
- A Message from the Editor-in-Chief
- A Curriculum for Teaching the Foundation Tool Skills to First-Year Orthopaedic Surgery Residents
- Follow-Up and Functional Outcomes of Pediatric Patients with Gunshot Wounds to the Extremities
- Characterization and Distribution of Vertebral Hemangiomas Including a Novel Geographic Map
- Does Neurologic Level in Pediatric Patients with Myelodysplasia Affect Body Fat?
- Predictors of the Need for Secondary Surgery Following In Situ Pinning for Slipped Capital Femoral Epiphysis
- Montefiore Comprehensive Model of Care for Elderly Patients with Hip Fractures
- Intrathecal Migration of a Broken Posterior Spinal Rod: A Case Report
- A Demonstration of Physician-Generated Health Care Costs in an Initial Orthopaedic Visit
- Approach-Based Complications of Lumbar Interbody Fusion
- Intraoperative Knee Hyperflexion During Total Knee Arthroplasty May Reduce Postoperative Blood Loss
- Proximal Femur Ewing Sarcoma in the Skeletally Immature: A Case Report and Literature Review
Current and Future Therapeutic Approaches for Osteosarcoma
Harrison DJ; Geller DS; Gill JD; Lewis VO; Gorlick R.
Overlapping and Concurrent Surgery: A Professional and Ethical Analysis
Levin PE; Moon D; Payne DE
In Vivo, Noninvasive Functional Measurements of Bone Sarcoma Using Diffuse Optical Spectroscopic Imaging.
Peterson HM; Hoang BH; Geller D; Yang R; Gorlick R; Berger J; Tingling J; Roth M; Gill J; Roblyer D.
The POSNA-COUR International Scholar Program. Results of the First 7 Years
Fornari ED; Sabharwal S; Schwend RM.
Post-traumatic Cervical Spine Epidural Hematoma: Incidence and Risk Factors.
Ricart PA; Verma R; Fineberg SJ; Fink KY; Lucas PA; Lo Y; Asprinio DE; Amorosa LF
Trunnionosis in Total Hip Arthroplasty
Weiser MC; Lavernia CJ.
New Patient Appointments
Seeing us is easy. Simply fill out our online form, and we’ll contact you within 24 hours to schedule an appointment within the next seven days.Request an appointment
Montefiore embraces a collaborative approach. If you have a patient who could benefit from our services, please reach out.Refer a patient
Have any general questions or concerns? Contact us by phone or email.