What if doctors could better predict whether benign bone tumors will grow or remain unchanged?
What if we could repair an adolescent’s cartilage defect using their own cells?
What is the best type of anesthesia for elderly patients undergoing hip fracture surgery?
What if surgeons-in-training could learn, improve and refine technical surgical skills before even entering the operating room?
What is the best way to treat Legg-Calve-Perthes Disease of the hip?
What if radiographs were only used when we needed them?
How should we approach shoulder injury treatments with today’s rise in obesity rates?
What if we could prevent or delay the onset of hip arthritis in adolescents and young adults?
Vol 3: Montefiore Journal of Musculoskeletal Medicine & Surgery
Volume 3, Number 1, September 2019 — The Montefiore Journal of Musculoskeletal Medicine and Surgery is focused on the exploration of topics imperative to the diagnoses, treatment, and rehabilitation of musculoskeletal conditions. To that end, our peer-reviewed journal endeavors to publish current clinical and basic science articles, as well as review articles and case reports relevant to its field. As the official publication of the Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Montefiore Medical Center, and Albert Einstein College of Medicine, the journal is dedicated to both patient care and postgraduate medical education.
- A Message from the Editor-in-Chief
- A Curriculum for Teaching the Foundation Tool Skills to First-Year Orthopaedic Surgery Residents
- Follow-Up and Functional Outcomes of Pediatric Patients with Gunshot Wounds to the Extremities
- Characterization and Distribution of Vertebral Hemangiomas Including a Novel Geographic Map
- Does Neurologic Level in Pediatric Patients with Myelodysplasia Affect Body Fat?
- Predictors of the Need for Secondary Surgery Following In Situ Pinning for Slipped Capital Femoral Epiphysis
- Montefiore Comprehensive Model of Care for Elderly Patients with Hip Fractures
- Intrathecal Migration of a Broken Posterior Spinal Rod: A Case Report
- A Demonstration of Physician-Generated Health Care Costs in an Initial Orthopaedic Visit
- Approach-Based Complications of Lumbar Interbody Fusion
- Intraoperative Knee Hyperflexion During Total Knee Arthroplasty May Reduce Postoperative Blood Loss
- Proximal Femur Ewing Sarcoma in the Skeletally Immature: A Case Report and Literature Review
A prospective, randomized, double-blinded study with crossover to determine the efficacy of radio-frequency nerve ablation for the treatment of heel pain
Adam S. Landsman; Dominic J. Catanese; Steven N. Wiener; Douglas H. Richie; Jason R. Hanft
Sheel Sharma; S. Lin; A. Panozzo; R. Tepper; D. Friedman
Safety and efficacy of image-guided retrocalcaneal bursa corticosteroid injection for the treatment of retrocalcaneal bursitis
Sean L. Boone; Robert Uzor; Eric Walter; Elizabeth Elsinger; Dominic Catanese; Kenny Ye; Shlomit Goldberg-Stein
Treatment of distal humerus fractures in the elderly
Michael Hausman; Albert Panozzo
Magnetically Controlled Growing Rods (MCGR) Versus Single Posterior Spinal Fusion (PSF) Versus Vertebral Body Tether (VBT) in Older Early Onset Scoliosis (EOS) Patients
Catherine Mackey; Regina Hanstein; Yungtai Lo; Majella Vaughan; Tricia St. Hilaire; Scott J. Luhmann; Michael G. Vitale; Michael P. Glotzbecker; Amer Samdani; Stefan Parent; Jaime A. Gomez
Fluoroscopically guided retrocalcaneal bursa steroid injection
Shlomit A. Goldberg-Stein; Netanel Berko; Beverly Ann Thornhill; Elisabeth C. Elsinger; Eric Walter; Dominic J. Catanese; Daniel B. Popowitz
The Effect of Surgeon Experience on Outcomes Following Growth Friendly Instrumentation for Early Onset Scoliosis
Michael J. Heffernan; Manaf Younis; Michael P. Glotzbecker; Sumeet Garg; Claudia Leonardi; Selina C. Poon; Jaysson T. Brooks; Peter F. Sturm; Paul D. Sponseller; Michael G. Vitale; John B. Emans; Benjamin D. Roye; Abdullah Saad Abdulfattah Abdullah; Behrooz Akbarnia; Jason Anari; John Anderson; Richard Anderson; Lindsay Andras; Laura Bellaire; Randy Betz; Craig Birch; Laurel Blakemore; Oheneba Boachie-Adjei; Chris Bonfield; Douglas Brockmeyer; Pat Cahill; Jason Cheung; Kenneth Cheung; Haemish Crawford; Alvin Crawford; Gokhan Demirkiran; Hazem El Sebaie; Ron El-Hawary; Mark Erickson; Frances Farley; Graham Fedorak; Ryan Fitzgerald; Nicholas Fletcher; Lorena Floccari; Jack Flynn; Peter Gabos; Adrian Gardner; Jaime Gomez; Tenner Guillaume; Purnendu Gupta; Kyle Halvorson; Kim Hammerberg; Christina Hardesty; Daniel Hedequist; Jacob F. Schulz
New Patient Appointments
Seeing us is easy. Simply fill out our online form, and we’ll contact you within 24 hours to schedule an appointment within the next seven days.Request an appointment
Montefiore embraces a collaborative approach. If you have a patient who could benefit from our services, please reach out.Refer a patient
Have any general questions or concerns? Contact us by phone or email.